Do You Dare to Lead?
Confidence. Consciousness. Compassion
The Heart of Daring Leadership – Building Brave Leaders & Courageous Cultures
Leading Edge is delighted to be partnering with Cindy Schwarz from Ears Up Leadership, certified Dare To Lead™ facilitator and Teaching Horse™ leadership coach, to offer The Heart of Daring Leadership workshop series. This one-of-a-kind Leadership series combines Brené Brown’s world-renowned Dare to Lead™ philosophies with the power of horses, through the famed Teaching Horse – Diamond Model of Shared Leadership™.
The Heart of Daring Leadership includes four incredible one-day workshops, combining cutting edge leadership theory and innovative experiential learning alongside our herd of horses. The result is an incredible opportunity to see theory in practice, deepen awareness of self and others, and witness the impacts of evolving one’s leadership skills and style.
Whether you are looking to develop your professional leadership skills, strengthen your inner-leader or you are simply interested in experiencing the magic of Brené Brown’s work alongside horses, this workshop series is for you!
“Daring Leadership is about the willingness to step up, put yourself out there, and lean into courage”.
Based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage-building program that defines courage as a collection of four skill sets that are teachable, measurable and observable.
Our workshop series centres around these ‘four pillars’ of daring leadership, challenging you to become a more vulnerable leader, to lead with values, build trust and rise above setbacks.
You will be supported to:
- Build trust-based leadership skills through connection and empathy.
- Eliminate feelings of shame/blame and increase accountability.
- Develop the courage to take risks and be seen and heard.
- Avoid the perfectionism and fear that prevents growth and learning.
- Define your values in a tangible, achievable and inspirational way.
- Build your tolerance for uncertainty and your ability to navigate change.
- Take on difficult conversations and grow through discomfort.
- Identify your underlying fears and pathways to move forward.
- Develop an innovative, adaptable approach to problem solving.
Each workshop includes Dare to Lead™ content and activities, paired with an equine enhanced leadership experience. You can attend any of these workshops as a standalone event, or package multiple days in any combination that appeals to you. Workshops will run from 8.30am to 3pm each day, and will be held at Leading Edge Professional Development in Terrey Hills, Sydney.
Rumbling with Vulnerability
“It is not fear that gets in the way of your courage, it is the way we respond to our fear”.
- Explore the roles of fear and courage. It is not fear that gets in the way of courage, it is our armour – our response to fear.
- Understand the role of emotions in leadership, build Emotional Intelligence and learn how to make different choices in the face of fear.
Living into our Values
“Living into our values means that we do more than profess our values, we practice them”.
- Explore values as a leadership tool – learn how values can serve as the playbook for confidence and leadership presence.
- Identify and operationalise personal values – consider how these guide behaviour. Look at the role of values in navigating difficult situations.
“Trust is not built in big sweeping movements, it is built in tiny moments everyday”.
- Consider the role of trust in Leadership – develop the ability to create an environment/culture of trust and safety.
- Explore the BRAVING acronym – identify key elements to build ing personal and professional trust and confidence in leadership.
Learning to Rise
“Owning our story and loving ourselves through it is the bravest thing we’ll ever do”.
- Develop the courage to walk into your story and own it, and the strategies to (re) write your own ending!
- Explore the 3 steps of Learning to Rise: The Reckoning – walking into our story, The Rumble – owning our story and The Revolution – process become practice.